Main Benefits of eBooks
We have come a long way since the days of blackboards, class notes, textbooks, spending hours together in the library referring several books for preparing class notes and for assignments. The technology has changed the way in which students used to prepare for their exams. Apart from the online learning, YouTube video, 3D animation images, technology has also introduced the e-book.
An electronic book is a digital form having pages of information, table of contents, images, charts, and is a lot similar to the printed book. These e-books are the downloadable files from different stores onto a laptop, computer, tablet or into smartphones. These electronic books are small, light weighted which are very easy to operate. Both- teachers and students can make use of these e-books for different classes and for all subjects including maths, physics, chemistry, biology, etc. Here are some benefits of using these e-books by students.
- EBooks are portable which can be carried along with their other study materials both to their schools or colleges.
- They are cost-effective compared to other books. It includes all sorts of information including videos, graphs, diagrams, flowcharts, etc. All the information related to their curriculum can be downloaded instantly.
- The space consumption of e-books is very less. Students can download and store about hundreds to thousands of eBooks on a single computer or a laptop device.
- EBooks save both the time and energy of students during their exam preparations. Instead of searching for different study materials and for different topics, all the information along with other class materials can be organized digitally and can be accessed with a number of devices.
- There is no more a need for a student or a teacher to go to a library in search of their reference books. In fact, with the development of technology, many libraries have integrated this technology into their systems through where students and teacher can borrow eBooks online for a certain period of time. Once, after the time gets expired, the license to view the particular book will be invalid.
There are loads of free e-books available on the Internet. Students can download any information related to their studies easily and save it in their system for their later use. Apart from the regular notes, these EBooks also include other information regarding the syllabus, and other study materials, both for the finals and other competitive exams including NDA, NEET exams, AIIMS etc. Apart from all these benefits, EBooks are an eco-friendly form of a book, as it helps in reducing both the cost and lowers environmental impact.
For more information, students can visit our BYJU’S website and also watch interactive video lessons on various biology-related topics by subscribing to the BYJU’S YouTube Channel.